login about faq

Does anyone have a profile of settings for War Thunder?

Recent updates appear to have rendered AA/SMAA/AF settings from RadeonPro ineffective and I seem to be getting some, albeit infrequent, screen tearing with the frame limiter at 58 FPS. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how I could go about making the RadeonPro AA settings stick inside of War Thunder and to help alleviate the infrequent screen tearing that I am observing.

With RadeonPro, I understand the basics like creating profiles, using AA/AF, Overdrive, SweetFX etc. but when I observe issues I'm not so good at fixing them other than disabling them and using in-game options.

For the record, I have an AMD 7950 on the latest beta Catalyst, running at 1920x1080 on a 47" LCD TV so screen tearing is quite noticeable when it happens.

Updated RadeonPro to 29th March 2013 build. SMAA injector works with War Thunder and looks good.

asked Mar 26 '13 at 04:01

ElcomeSoft's gravatar image

ElcomeSoft

edited Mar 29 '13 at 17:30

These settings appear to work for me and iron out some issues. AA seems to apply proper and SMAA definitely applies, testing SMAA with the on/off toggle and my eyes. The tweaks I have made re: VSync, Triple Buffering, Frame Limiter etc. have seemed to calm down the frame latency to ~16.7ms constant and keeps frame rates generally 59.7+.

Hope this helps someone and I'll keep updating/changing as I go. Maybe I've added too many things too which I could slacken off on to further improve things.

Two issues: WT tells me that I've launched the game directly when in fact I've launched the Launcher, pressed play and it tells me then (minor inconvenience). After this, I get a popup warning me that CCC has AA enabled and that could cause issues. I don't have CCC installed and no issues arise from this configuration, just another minor inconvenience.

AA - Override Application Settings - x8 ( - This is set under the Tweaks page) (Don't ask me why, just works) SMAA: Ultra AF: x16

Direct3D Tweaks Vsync control: Always On Triple Buffering: On Display refresh rate: 60hz (my screen is a 60hz panel) Use Advanced Direct3D forced triple buffering path code: Yes Lock Framerate Up to Monitor Refresh Rate: Yes

Anti-aliasing Compatibility: F.E.A.R.2

link

answered Mar 29 '13 at 18:27

ElcomeSoft's gravatar image

ElcomeSoft

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×4
×2
×2
×1
×1

Asked: Mar 26 '13 at 04:01

Seen: 5,077 times

Last updated: Mar 29 '13 at 18:27